- This event has passed.
State of the Arts Reception – Covington
December 5, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$25
Join us for the State of the Art Reception, a pre-concert meet and greet and celebration of the arts. Tuesday, December 5, 6:30 to 7:30 pm at Meribo in Covington. Meet the “St. Tammany Greats” concert artists and enjoy Louisiana Seafood creations via Chef Gavin Jobe, recent finalist in The Food Network’s “Chopped” chef’s competition.
- From the Louisiana Office of the Lt. Governor, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, Kristin Sanders, Interim Asst. Secretary/Attorney, and Danny Belanger, Director of Arts Education & Accessibility, Louisiana Division of the Arts, recognition of SCR-20 the Senate Concurrent Resolution in support of the Shop Local Artists Week initiative;
- Louisiana Senator Sharon Hewitt, who authored the Shop Local Artists Week Senate Concurrent Resolution (SCR20);
- Parish President Pat Brister’s presentation of the Joint Proclamation in support of Shop Local Artists Week with the support of Covington Mayor Michael ‘Mike’ Cooper, Mandeville Mayor Donald Villere, Slidell Mayor Freddy Drennan, Madisonville Mayor Jean Pelloat and Abita Springs Mayor Greg Lemons;
- Meet-and-greet with Ronnie Kole, John Perkins and Bobby Ohler prior to their 8 pm concert at the Fuhrmann Auditorium;
- Chef Gavin’s delectable Louisiana Seafood menu of passed hors d’oeuvres, including Ham Hock, Black Eyed Pea, and Collard Green Gumbo with Fried Catfish and House Made Alligator Sausage; New Orleans Style Barbecued Shrimp Linguini with Hot Sausage and Herbs; Crab Rolls with Crab Fat Mayo and Cajun Caviar; Crudo of Cold Smoked Gulf Fish, Country Ham Fat Aioli and Winter Melon Slaw; and Oyster Rockefeller Pizza, plus iced tea, soft drinks and water. Cash bar available.
- Tickets – $25; limited seating available.